Friday, November 20, 2015

Christmas Approaching


"A Hallelujah Christmas" by Cloverton from Ross Wooten on Vimeo.

Christmas is about family and time spent with loved ones. Here's a video of the holiday season years ago with family members. My sister and brother (Susan & Dennis) loved to joke around and we still do to this day! My wife (Holly who is on the sofa) were married right out of high school.  We came home "on leave"  while I was a medical corpsman at the Air Force Academy working in the hospital emergency room  (some 37 years ago). My plan was to register at the university the following summer, but it was really only a dream based on a few years of saving for college and living on the GI bill.

God has a way of guiding us through the years. Our daughter was less than 2 years old when this video was taken. It's a rare look at my grandfather (Louie Sukup), mom (Adella White) and in-laws (Vic and June Honeck).

I remember the last scene of this segment, it was 5AM we were leaving to drive back to Colorado in our Ford Maverick. My mother-in-law is still in her bathrobe and she made coffee to warm us up. It was a cold winter morning and a sad time; we just wanted to move back home.

The Lord has a way of revealing the total picture of what we saw so dimly years ago. Holly and I  are blessed today with 8 grandchildren and we about 20 miles from campus. Susan and Dennis lives in Arizona, we "face time" often on our iPads. My daughter lives in Texas and her children come up every summer to swim in the lake behind our house.

Do look forward to the joy of the holiday season and if you are going through hard times right now, don't lose heart! God loves us and reveals the bigger picture in time, today is just a fleeting moment in history.


No comments:

Post a Comment